Whilst some old cleaning tips are nothing more than old wives tales, there are lots of surprising tricks that actually work!
* If your wooden chopping board has picked up garlic, fish and other smells, rub it with dry mustard powder, leave it overnight and wash with hot water and soap.
* Grease marks on your carpet? Use shaving foam (not gel) to soak up the dirt and grease. Apply a small amount, leave for a few minutes and then clean with a damp sponge. Test on an inconspicuous area first.
* Want an easy way to dust and polish? Use old socks – you can slip them on your hand and really get stuck into removing dust and fingermarks.
* Use tomato ketchup squeezed onto a cloth to clean copper and brass pots and pans. The acetic acid in the ketchup cuts through the dullness of the oxide tarnish which makes the pots and pans look dull.
* Old newspaper and vinegar is supposed to be a good way to clean glass, but we say stick with Maid Simple Glass & Mirror Cleaner for best results!
Do you have any surprising cleaning tips? Be sure to let us know at @MaidSimpleUK
Back to the News? Click Here